Monday, February 21, 2011

Fat is the only thing between Us!

I was made to feel uncomfortable today.

I went to a Party today and this huge 200-300 pound woman came out of no where! She wrapped her thigh thick arms around me and hugged the breath out of me. She was a very old friend, but wow how do people get that fat?!Looking at her made me feel sick. I didn't eat anything at the party.

It got me thinking about the hug. The Real Her was under twice her weight or more of Fat! I really only hugged years of french fries, pizza, and chicken wings! She was able to hug me: skin, muscle, bones and all. I couldn't even wrap my arms around her.

Fat is an option and I dont want to wear it.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me. Following you right back!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it.....I went to my class reunion 2 years ago and I sat in complete aww of how big some of those people were! They got that way from eating and eating. Nothing taste that good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, thanks for following!! i'm following back.

    in order to awnser your question, it's years of self-neglect and anger and emotions that make you look in the mirror one morning and notice those extra 150 lbs. i recently was smacked with a similar reality (being 265 lbs myself *gag*) once you see that, it's up to the person whether they wanna fight back or not. i am a person of the former.

    anyways, like your blog a lot and i'll be reading so,
    GOOD WISHES,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol at "only hugged years of french fries, pizza, and chicken wings". That is unfortunately how overweight people are perceived in society... Not as a person, but simply fat on a stick.
    I think that is part of reason why I am always digging down, searching for the the "real" me.
    I love the way you write, feels natural, like an old buddy ;)

    xoxo,
    zen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often wonder how people get that large because it doesn't happen over night. Don't people noticed they keep having to up a size in clothes every few months?

    I don't understand.

    ~ Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, luv your blog.

    i liked your analogy too. i have an overweight sis and i can somewhat understand her because ONE PART of her issue was that she was on some meds while a young adult that negatively effected her system. the other parts are she does have a thyroid problem but the rest of it is that she just doesn't care to take care of watching her weight or what she eats. she could help herself by exercising but she doesn't bother. we all have our issues :)

    hugs,
    Lu

    ReplyDelete